If you received a two-year green card after marriage, you must file the I-751 to remove the conditions to get the permanent ten-year card.  This goes for both the spouse and any children who also received conditional residency.  Generally, you have a brief 90-day window to file the I-751.  Missing the window could lead to being placed in removal proceedings.  However, there are some exceptions where the I-751 can be filed early or late—for instance if there is abuse, the marriage has ended, or if there are exceptional reasons why you couldn’t file on time. 

Explore other ways we can help

Abuse Victims (VAWA)

Advance Parole and Reentry Permits


Crime Victims (T/U Visas)

Cultural Exchange (J/Q Visa)

DACA and Deferred Action

Extension of Stay/Change of Status

Federal Litigation

Fiancé(e) Visas