Immigration Options for Victims of Domestic Violence: What can I do if I am abused?

View our YouTube video here.

This video describes different types of U.S. immigration relief available to immigrants who are victims of domestic violence from spouses, parents, children, or others. Some relief is available even if you entered the U.S. illegally. Relief covered includes options under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) (e.g., self-petitioning for a green card, removing conditions on a 2-year green card, or a green card from an immigration judge), U Visas, and T visas.

Find out more details through the video.

Explore related resources

What Really Happens at a Spousal (Marital) Green Card Interview

How to Avoid Covid-19 Green Card Requirements

Venezuelan Parole: Who Is Eligible and How to Apply

What To Do When Your USCIS Case Is Taking Too Long

How to Actually Talk to a Human at USCIS (InfoPass)

How to Calculate Household Size for an Affidavit of Support